If you live in Texas you may be interested in knowing that the Energy Star Sales Tax Holiday is scheduled for May 24 – 26, 2014! You’ll get a break from state and local taxes on select Energy Star items. These are the items that qualify:
- Air conditioners priced at $6,000 or less
- Refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less
- Ceiling fans
- Incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs
- Clothes washers (dryers not included)
- Programmable thermostats (Energy Star label suspended in 2009, but existing stock labeled Energ Star is still eligible)
With certain conditions Layaway, Delivery Charges, Internet & Catalog Sales, and Installation charges could also be tax exempt. See details here.